MAINTENANCE GUIDANCE OF QUARTZ STONE
Quartz Stone countertop is a polished product and it requires no sealing. Yet some care must be taken in order to maintain its luster. Generally, in order to care for quartz countertop, one must avoid quick changes in temperature, hard pressure or scratching or impact by hard stuff.
To Clean Quartz Stone Countertop
1. Clean with a soft rag and PH-balanced detergent if necessary. The detergent must be nonbleach and non-abrasive.
2. Wipe away liquids, stains, spills as soon as possible.
3. For dried or heavy stains, use a glass cleaner and a non-abrasive sponge. Spray a certain amount of cleaner over the counters and leave for 8 to 10 minutes, then wipe away with the non-scratch sponge.
4. For gum, grease or paint with a plastic knife, then clean the rest with a rag.
To Avoid Damage Quartz Stone Countertops
1. "Thermal shock"(a quick change in temperature) must be avoided. Make sure one places a trivet or hot pad below hot pans or hot pots.
2. Knives or sharp tools must NOT be used directly on the quartz surface. Quartz countertop is scratch resistant, but not scratch-proof. A forcefully hit can still chip the countertop. A cutting board must be placed on top of the countertop when one is chopping or cutting food.